wtorek, 18 grudnia 2012

"The Importance Of Album Track Order In The Digital Age" na bilboard.biz

Artykuł jest ciekawy i polecam przeczytanie w całości, ale ponieważ jestem leniwa i lubię uproszczenia streszczę go wam w jednym zdaniu: Najlepiej sprzedać płytę ustawiając kolejność piosenek w porządku malejącej zajebistości, ponieważ słuchacze są leniwi/zajęci/codziennie zalewani przez hektolitry muzyki/wszystkie powyższe odpowiedzi, więc szanse, że przesłuchają każdą kolejną piosenkę są coraz mniejsze.


A co mi tam, wkleję fragment.


"Such data suggests that the earlier a song appears on an album, the more likely a listener is to stream it. At the same time, a music consumer's attention span may be even shorter than any artist wants to believe. "Everyone's doing 20 different things at once: listening to music, watching TV, and probably while on their iPad," Rdio content marketing manager Kelli Fannon says. "When it comes to taking an hour to listen to an album in its entirety, I have all the best intentions in the world myself. But, ultimately, I can only get through the first three or four songs before the phone rings, or someone asks me a question, or I have a meeting I have to run to …


"Then, I really do want to go back and hear that album, so I'll start back over at the first track," Fannon says. "It may take me three or four times before I get all the way through."


Very possibly, too, for equally time-crunched Rdio subscribers.


Warner Bros. executive VP of A&R Jeff Fenster echoes that long before a listener faces such time constraints, acts hoping to get signed would do well to realize that they have only so long to make a memorable first impression with label leaders whom they hope to impress. "If I get a demo and the act has got great songs at numbers six and seven on it, there's a very good chance that I will never hear those," he says."

--> a tu reszta: "The Importance Of Album Track Order In The Digital Age" na bilboard.biz

Brak komentarzy: